According to the 1900 Plat map of Hinton township as seen below, 5 rural school districts were in use (probably not including Altona). The numbers of the districts are circled for clarification. This plat map can be viewed on line through the U of M website. Click here
One of the rural school districts, called the Moffitt School is pictured below. It was thought that the Moffitt school was district number 3 because it was located on the corner of 100th Avenue and 1 Mile Road. However the sign in the picture below states that it was RSD #4. In either case, neither school is still standing.
Below is a picture of the Moffitt school dated 1924:
And the following picture is of the Moffitt school during the 1920’s also. Photo is courtesy of Ray Staffen