Genealogy and Local History
Our Maxwell genealogy/family history room is available during all open hours of the library on a first come/first served basis. A computer is available for use in our genealogy room to search the newspapers and use Ancestry. If you are planning a trip from out of town, please call ahead and reserve the computer. If you would like to obtain information or copies, contact us by email or phone: 989-352-6274.
Click here to view what is available at the library.
Check out our online pictures and history articles by clicking here. More to come soon!
Ancestry Library Edition available free to everyone through the library’s network.
Use one of our computers, or bring your own laptop or mobile device.
Some of our favorite links for research:
- The largest genealogical organization in the world, operated by the Church of Jesus Christ Latter-Day Saints.
- Family and local history records courtesy of the Archives of Michigan. Excellent for death records from the state of Michigan 1897 – 1952
- 1913 Chadwicks Farm Atlas of Montcalm County, Michigan
- 1897 Standard Atlas of Montcalm County, Michigan
- Browse a collection of old photos from Lakeview on the Library’s Flickr Account. Free to browse, no account needed.